Creamy Pomegranate-Walnut Vinaigrette Recipe
Drizzle this over a salad of greens—include arugula, radishes, and thinly-sliced red onion and top with pomegranate seeds and chopped, toasted walnuts.
Makes about ¾ cup (This recipe is easily multiplied).
2 tablespoons preservative-free balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons low-fat organic buttermilk
2 tablespoons naturally-prepared pomegranate molasses
¼ teaspoon salt
1 to 2 teaspoons finely minced organic shallot (optional)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons roasted walnut oil
1. Measure the vinegar, buttermilk, molasses, salt, and minced shallot into a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid.
2. Use a small whisk to mix until uniform.
3. Keep whisking as you drizzle in the oil in a steady stream. The mixture will thicken as the oil becomes incorporated.
4. Add more salt to taste if needed.
5. Cover tightly and refrigerate until use. Immediately before using, shake well or stir from the bottom.