Brown Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
Makes 2 servings
Cooking time: 25 minutes (active), 1 hour (total)
1 organic acorn squash
2 tablespoons extra‐virgin olive oil
½ cup minced organic onion
¼ cup diced organic celery
1 clove organic garlic, minced
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ cup diced organic portobello mushrooms
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon organic butter
Kosher salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice acorn squash in half; remove seeds and place cut sides down on a baking sheet.
3. Roast for 35 minutes.
4. Cool and remove flesh from squash halves; cube the squash flesh.
5. Add oil to a sauté pan over medium‐high heat. Add the cubed squash, onion, celery, garlic, curry powder and mushrooms, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Add cooked brown rice, butter, salt and pepper.
7. Mix well and stuff into empty squash halves.