Protein Tomato Tofu Soup Recipe
Who says soup should only be eaten in winter? This is a delicious year-round dish that can be enjoyed as a lunch, dinner or even a snack. And with the unexpected yet delightful additions of agave nectar and tofu, it is good to the very last drop!
*We recommend using all organic and locally sourced ingredients in all of our recipes, whenever possible.
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 28-ounce cans of tomatoes
1 cup of water
1 pound soft tofu
Toasted whole-wheat bread (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until onions are soft, but not brown.
2. Add garlic and sauté for two minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, agave nectar and water; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add tofu, crumble into sauce, heat thoroughly for 5 minutes.
5. Use immersion blender, or pour sauce into a standard blender (make sure to keep crack in lid, to relieve pressure. careful not to blend when liquid is too hot). Thoroughly blend and serve immediately. Serve with toasted bread.