YIELD: 8 servings
1 cup brown rice medley
2 cups all natural vegetable broth
1 cup whole unsalted peanuts
4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3 cloves organic garlic, sliced
1 medium organic red onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon coriander
3/4 cup organic raisins
1 large organic carrot, cut into match sticks
1 cup organic red cabbage, diced
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup water
1 organic red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
1 teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
2 teaspoons organic liquid honey
1. Cook brown rice in boiling broth until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Let rest, covered for 15 minutes.
2. Dry toast peanuts in a small skillet until golden brown and set aside.
3. In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in cumin and coriander, raisins, carrots, cabbage, salt and water until well combined.
Cover with lid, reduce heat to low, simmer for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine onion mixture with cooked brown rice, red bell pepper, cilantro, toasted peanuts and mix well.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown rice vinegar, ginger, red chili flakes and honey. Add to rice mixture, stir well and enjoy.