Sautéed Rainbow Chard with Toasted Walnuts and Feta
YIELD: 4 servings
2 cups cooked wheat berries (cook according to package instructions)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound organic Swiss chard, cut into half-inch pieces, ribs on, rinsed well
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped medium/fine
1/2 cup crumbled organic Feta cheese
1. In a large bowl, toss the wheat berries with salt, pepper and orange zest. Cover and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add rainbow chard to skillet, tossing just until wilted.
3. Divide wheat berries into 4 equal portions and pack into a ring mold on service plate.
4. Layer the sauteed chard on top of that.
5. Sprinkle top with toasted walnuts and feta.
Tip: This recipe works well with other grains too! Just substitute the wheat berries with an equal amount of barley, bulgur, quinoa, brown rice or your favourite grain.